This creamy riced cauliflower soup with chicken is a low carb comfort food lover’s dream! Made from scratch, this healthy and delicious soup is an easy week night dinner meal the whole family will enjoy.
Creamy Riced Cauliflower Soup with Chicken
Creamy riced cauliflower soup with chicken from scratch is made with whole food ingredients. Shredded chicken, frozen cauliflower rice, chicken broth, cream, herbs, vegetables, and spices. The rich hearty soup is made up of cream cheese and heavy cream.
I have to be honest and say that I am not a fan of cauliflower. I do not care for the way that it smells while it cooks and I definitely do not like the way it tastes by itself. In our journey of eating healthier, I have learned to make cauliflower in a way that our entire family enjoys.
Covered in delicious whole food ingredients like cream cheese, heavy cream, sour cream, and cheese, it is easy to make cauliflower taste delightful. One of my family’s favorite recipes is loaded cauliflower casserole. It is so well-loved that I am often asked to bring it to large family meal gatherings.
I recently decided to try and make a creamy riced cauliflower soup with chicken recipe and it was so good, that I knew I had to share it here on the blog. In fact, it was so good that several of the children went back for seconds and when that happens, I know I have a fantastic recipe!
Kitchen Essentials You May Need
This post contains affiliate links; this means that I make a tiny commission off any purchase that you may make. This small commission helps keep Rocky Hedge Farm going at no additional cost to you. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
You can find my favorite kitchen essentials can be located in my Amazon storefront. While I often try to link to the exact products you see in my photos and videos, my pieces are usually vintage and thrifted. However, I try to find and link replicas as much as possible, made in the USA or by other small shops, as I believe in supporting hardworking American families.
I make this creamy cauliflower soup recipe by sautéing the vegetables, cauliflower rice, and seasoning in a large cast-iron skillet. Then, I use either a large dutch oven or a large pot to finish making the chicken and cauliflower rice soup.
This recipe makes a big batch of chicken cauliflower rice soup as I enjoy having leftovers for the next day. If you are cooking for a small family, you may want to cut the recipe in half.
Riced Cauliflower Soup With Chicken Ingredients
- Frozen Riced Cauliflower: Allow the cauliflower to thaw at room temperature before cooking.
- Frozen Seasoning Mix: I like using this when I do not have the time to chop the onions, carrots and celery. I buy this is in the frozen section and it has onions, carrots, celery, red and green bell peppers.
- Butter: I use real butter, not margarine.
- Garlic: Freshly minced or dried minced is fine – I only use organic garlic
- Chicken Bone Broth: I like to make my own or use store bought organic chicken bone broth. If you do not have chicken bone broth, you can use chicken stock.
- Thyme, marjoram, sage and rosemary: I use organic dried herbs and seasonings
- Salt and pepper: Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Chicken: I use a whole chicken that I shred but chicken breasts or even a rotisserie chicken will work.
- Cream Cheese: This helps make the soup delicious and creamy.
- Cream: Can use half and half but I love using real organic cream.
How to Make Creamy Riced Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- In a large cast iron skillet, melt 1 stick of butter.
- Add onions, carrots and celery. Add in 2 bags of riced cauliflower and all of the seasonings. Saute 10-15 minutes.
- In a large dutch oven or stock pot, pour in chicken broth and bring to a slight boil. Turn stove down to medium heat and add 8 ounces of cream cheese. Allow cream cheese to get soft and then whisk to combine.
- Add in heavy cream. Stir
- Add in cauliflower rice mixture from cast iron skillet.
- Then, add in shredded chicken.
- Stir to combine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
More Delicious Healthy Soup Recipes
If you love homemade healthy recipes like riced cauliflower soup with chicken, be sure to check out a few more of our family’s favorite soups! And if you love cauliflower recipes be sure to try my loaded cauliflower recipe!
Printable Recipe Card for Creamy Riced Cauliflower and Chicken Soup
- 3 pounds shredded chicken
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (I often use a frozen seasoning mix that has onions, carrots, celery, red peppers and green peppers in place of cutting and dicing all the vegetables)
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 tsp cloves, minced
- 2 12 ounce packages frozen Cauliflower Rice (unthawed)
- 1 tsp of each dried thyme, marjoram, sage and rosemary
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 5 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- parsley for garnish
In a large cast iron skillet, melt 1 stick of butter.
Add onions, carrots and celery. Add in 2 bags of riced cauliflower and all of the seasonings. Saute 10-15 minutes.
In a large dutch oven or stock pot, pour in chicken broth and bring to a slight boil. Turn heat down to medium and add 8 ounces of cream cheese. Allow cream cheese to get soft and then whisk to combine.
Add in heavy cream. Stir
Add in cauliflower rice mixture from cast iron skillet.
Then, add in shredded chicken.
Stir to combine.
Simmer for 30 minutes.