Get ready for the holidays with a Woodland Theme Christmas Tree. Combine the earthy colors of creams and browns with evergreens and the natural textures of birch, twigs, and pinecones to transform your home into a woodland Christmas lodge!
Learn how to decorate a rustic woodland themed Christmas tree with a nature theme with my tips.
What is a Woodland Christmas Theme?
Natural elements often characterize a woodland Christmas theme; branches, pinecones, greenery, birch bark, natural materials, and cozy textures create a welcoming space.
Rustic touches combined with a simple muted color scheme and textured sprays creates a simple woodland wintery lodge atmosphere. Cozy and warm, this earthy woodland themed tree is one that your whole family will love!
Woodland Christmas Tree Ideas
In previous years, I have kept our Christmas tree rather simple. Last year, the rustic tree I had was filled with a few mercury ball ornaments and some homemade icicle ornaments on a real tree tucked into an old nail keg.
This year, I wanted to add a little more beauty of the outdoors and decided to do a woodland theme Christmas tree. It reminds me of my love for nature and traveling west to vacation in the mountains.
Woodland Theme Christmas tree Decorations
A woodland theme Christmas tree takes its cues from nature. A peaceful and serene feeling, it is a reminiscence of a quiet walk in the woods amongst the beauty of nature.
Filled with woodland sprays, ribbon, and ornaments, here is how to replicate this woodland tree filled with beautiful textures.
Woodland Tree Ideas
Our home doesn’t have just one tree but multiple trees. If you are in the market for a new tree, I have linked below the artificial Christmas trees that I use. The large Christmas tree is the one I decorate, while the smaller ones I leave plain.
- Lighted Faux Fir Christmas Tree – this is the tree that I purchased, with easy-to-bend branches that mimic the foliage and texture of a fir tree; it is pre-strung with 450 lights for a cozy warm Christmas glow.
- Green Fir Christmas Tree – this pre-lit, faux Christmas tree has a slender, sparse silhouette that reminds me of a Christmas mountaintop. It comes pre-strung with a rustic potted stand in a natural texture.
Woodland Christmas Ornaments
Bring the beauty of nature to your Christmas tree and create a winter wonderland scene with gorgeous woodland themed ornaments.
- Deer Ornaments – Wildlife inspired ornaments, deer bring the natural wonder of the woods to your Christmas tree.
- Feather Ball Ornaments – Add a soft touch of nature to your woodland Christmas tree by using ball ornaments covered in feathers.
- Lantern Ornaments – Add a touch of country Christmas with these mini lanterns.
- Mini White Lanterns – I purchased mine in the candle section at Hobby Lobby, but you can also find them at Micheals.
- Wood Slice Ornaments – I love the old-fashioned feel of these round wooden slice ornaments. They are so affordable and add a sweetly nostalgic feel to the Christmas tree.
- Wooden Slice Ornaments – I found mine in various styles at my local Wal-Mart for under $3.00!
- Skull Ornament – Quite possibly my favorite ornament that I added this year. I love the natural color and the rustic decor it adds to the tree.
- Skull Ornament – A great place to shop for rustic woodland ornaments is at local farm stores. This one was purchased at Tractor Supply.
- Rustic Woodland Ornaments – Rustic ornaments add a natural element and make for beautiful Christmas decorations on any size of evergreen. Here are a few more beautiful options.
Woodland Christmas Sprays
Woodland Christmas sprays add unique texture to the top of the tree or the branches when combined with woodland materials. Adding sprays turns a rather plain tree into something quite extraordinary.
- Pine Cone and Birch Pick – This is the spray that I added to each branch of my tree to create the woodland element. It has a white paper-wrapped stem with faux branches, a birch wood pattern, and small whitewashed pinecones.
- Birch Cone Spray – This birch cone spray is on my list for next year! your new go-to layering piece for any mono-chromatic or rustic theme. It has the perfect rustic woodland theme, spiraling birch leaves, earthy pinecones, and wispy tendrils.
- Iced Birch Cone Stem – another great idea for adding natural beauty to your woodlands decor. With a realistic birch-like appearance, these stems feature rustic pine cones that will blend with brown ornaments and rustic accents.
- Birch Snow Berry Spray – I have added this spray to my wish list for next year as well for the perfect addition to my woodland Christmas theme! This white and tan birch with snowberries will add the perfect natural texture.
Woodland Christmas Ribbon
Adding ribbon to the tree adds texture to any rustic woodland Christmas tree. I chose to keep it simple this year with cream and brown ribbon. I layered them together and then placed them on various branches of the tree. Here are a few other beautiful options.
- Cream Wool Ribbon – This cream-colored wool ribbon would add a warm and welcoming texture to your Christmas tree.
- Birch Ribbon – Use this birch ribbon throughout your tree to add a natural beauty with its contrast and snowy inspirations on your Woodland theme tree.
- Wood Bead Garland – Along with using Christmas ribbon, add in a natural wooden bead garland to drape over branches on your Christmas tree.
This post contains affiliate links; I make a tiny commission off any purchase that you may make. This small commission helps you keep Rocky Hedge Farm going at no additional cost. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
You can find my favorite essentials can be located on my Amazon storefront. While I often try to link to the exact products you see in my photos and videos, my pieces are usually vintage and thrifted. However, I try to find and connect replicas as much as possible, made in the USA or by other small shops, as I believe in supporting hardworking American families.
Be sure to stop over and check out my rustic woodland Hot Chocolate Bar Ideas!
I hope this post inspires you on how to decorate your Christmas tree with a woodland vibe. Happy decorating and Merry Christmas, friends!