Learn how to make a dried orange garland with dried orange slices, rosemary and cinnamon sticks. These garlands are the perfect, simple touch for holiday decorating.
Dried Orange Garland Supplies
Dried Rosemary or any other kind of greenery – think about what you can find outside if you don’t have herbs available. Pine or cedar would be some great options and smell just as great.
Dried Orange Garland Instructions
1. Cut your jute twine to the length that you want your garland and then add around 10 inches. For the first step you will fold your string as shown above in the photo.
2. If you look at the center of the orange you will notice a small opening. You can slightly bend the orange and stick the loop you created in the hole.
3. Pull the loop through the center of the orange.
4. Once you have the loop pulled up through the center of the orange you can place the Rosemary and Cinnamon stick through the loop.
5. You can now pull on the jute string on the underneath of the orange to tighten it around the Rosemary and Cinnamon Sticks.
To continue making the garland simply move down a few inches and start the process again by forming the loop and inserting more Rosemary and Cinnamon Sticks. You can add as many as you like to get your garland the length that you need.
I also love that this craft can fall into a category of “no-waste” and that there is nothing to store at the end of the season. The cinnamon sticks can be saved for another project and the rosemary can be used for cooking.
More FALL | AUTUMN Decorating Ideas
This post contains affiliate links.[mailerlite_form form_id=2]