A simple, low-carb, healthy breakfast recipe, these baked muffins are made with turkey, egg and cheese. The perfect healthy option for mornings.
Baked Turkey Egg and Cheese Breakfast Meal
I love making these for a quick low-carb keto breakfast meal. It is so simple to line the muffin tin with turkey, add the egg filling and pop them in the oven.
Within 30 minutes, I can serve a hot healthy meal to my family. Or, I can store them in the fridge for mornings on the go when I need a quick bite to eat.
How to Store Breakfast Egg Muffins
To store the backed turkey egg and cheese muffins, place them in an air tight food safe container in the fridge. They will last up to four days.
Once the muffins are cold, you can also store them in freezer bags to keep them even longer, up to 4 weeks. To thaw, pull the bag from the freezer and let the egg muffins thaw in the fridge.
How to Re-Heat Turkey Egg and Cheese Muffins
To reheat egg muffins, place them in a toaster oven or microwave until hot. Can you eat them cold? Yes, you can! All of the ingredients have been fully cooked, making them the perfect option for mornings when you are in a rush.
Healthy Baked Egg Muffin Variations
We are fairly simple eaters in our home. There are several of the family individuals that don’t really care for vegetables mixed with their eggs. However, you can add a variety of other ingredients to these baked turkey egg and cheese muffins to keep them interesting each time you make them.
Optional Add Ins for Morning Egg Muffins
- red onions
- yellow onion
- goat cheese
More Delicious Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Baked Turkey Egg and Cheese Muffin Recipe
Baked Turkey Egg and Cheese Muffins
- Muffin Tin
- 12 slices all natural deli sliced turkey slices
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 12 eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F,
- Then, crack 12 eggs into a large bowl. Whisk the eggs until well combined, and then season with salt and pepper
- Add in a variety of filling options to your taste, or add just the cheese.
- Brush or spray a 12 cup muffin pan liberally with butter, or non-stick spray to prevent the egg muffins from sticking.
- Add a slice of turkey to each muffin tin hole to create the "bowl" for the egg mixture
- Evenly distribute the egg filling over top, filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake the breakfast egg muffins at 350F for 20-25 minutes until set and just starting to brown on top.
- Remove the egg muffins from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Use a knife to cut around the sides and loosen the egg muffins.
- Enjoy the breakfast egg muffins while hot, or cool and refrigerate for morning on the go.